BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

summatime, and the livin's easy.....

So......school is just days from being out and I almost can't contain myself!! I'm doing some work this summer, so work isn't really finished for me, but for the most part it is. I am so ready for summer time! I don't know if you know this, but summer is my favorite season. You will never hear me complain about summer time. I am not one of those that hates the heat-now, if I'm doing something that I don't enjoy, outside in the heat, yes, I will complain, but I generally don't do things that I don't enjoy-that's just not how I roll. I would SO much rather be in 95 degree weather than 35 degree weather, unless I'm skiing in Colorado, then 35 is acceptable, but only for a little bit.
I would really like to be as pumped as some of my friends about the summer concerts coming up, but unfortunately, I'm not. However, Chris Cagle and Train two weekends ago were fabulous!!! I loved it! So, I guess that's a good start and maybe I'll find some good concerts to go to later.
I am super pumped about Jon and my's anniversary vacation!!! We are going to Cedar Point, OH. "What's that?", you say? Well, let me tell you. Cedar Point is the US's largest theme park with some of the largest, fastest roller coasters in the world!!!!! Yes, I know, that doesn't sound like a great anniversary vacation to some of you, but I'm so excited. I have wanted to go ever since Jon moved down here and after a trip to 6 flags told me that it was pathetic compared to Cedar Point ( where he used to live) I am so ready to ride these coasters!!! We are also going to visit some of his family while we are up there, so that will be a good time too. Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to be spending our anniversary on the beach the whole time, but that's not really Jon's cup of tea, so we had to compromise. Plus, Jon's family lives at Lake Michigan, so I can just spend an afternoon on the beach there-which is actually like a beach, not a lake with brown dirt like we have here. Plus!!! We are flying into Chicago and going to get real Chicago pizza for dinner while we are there!! :) How awesome is that? I know, be jealous. I don't know if Cedar Point or Chicago pizza are on my bucket list, but they should be and I will get to check them off in a few weeks!
Another thing I'm going to check off soon is writing a children's book. I'm going to start doing some drafts now and see where it takes me. Wish me luck!!
Oh! By the way! I had a great, great birthday weekend! Thanks to Erin for coming down and keeping me entertained! lol! It doesn't get much better than friends, family and the lake, so I started my 26th year off very well!! We will see what the rest of the year brings! Peace out!

0 comments: